Huobi co-founder Du Jun and Chinese Web3 investor “BMAN” Lee said on Friday launched a new $400 million fund to invest in crypto projects.
The fund, called ABCDE Capital, will seek to support between 10 to 20 CEOs annually, BMAN said in a Twitter thread. It will focus primarily on blockchain infrastructure, open finance, and digital apps that have potential for mass adoption.
The launch comes amid one of the worst downturns in crypto’s history, with Bitcoin and Ethereum trading well below 50% from their respective peaks.
But it also follows a similar move by venture capitalist Andreessen Horowitz to capitalize on low valuations due to the crash. The firm had last month rolled out a $4.5 billion fund.
BMAN sees crypto attracting 1 billion users
BMAN, who incubated Huobi Global with co-founder Du Jun, said that they expect crypto to attract at least a billion users by its next major cycle.
ABCDE- which stands for A Blockchain-Centric Development Ecosystem, will leverage resources from previous ventures by BMAN and Jun to support its wards.
We believe that in the next cycle, crypto will reach 1 billion users, and we will continue to build as always.
Both Jun and BMAN are already established players in Web3, with several other projects also under their belt.
Launch comes as valuations collapse
But while BMAN holds an optimistic view on the crypto market, a recent slump in valuations has soured investor sentiment.
The implosion of a high-profile project like Terra has also seen increased scrutiny towards crypto, with some regulators looking to slap strict guidelines on the space.
Recent ructions caused by the potential insolvency of lender Celsius and hedge fund Three Arrows Capital is also further damaging sentiment. A collapse of the two would have far-reaching consequences for the crypto market.
With the Federal Reserve raising interest rates, and inflation at a 40-year high, crypto is in for a prolonged winter.
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Cardano (ADA) Sees Big Drop In Interest, But Is Likely Primed For A Rally
- Digital Asset Investment Products Saw Net Outflows of USD 423 Million Last Week, Sell on Rise?
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000