Vienna, Austria, 2nd November, 2021, Chainwire
Internet Computer Reboot (ICPR), the community-driven project that was forked from The Internet Computer Protocol (ICP) aims to create a more decentralized version for The original ICP protocol.. Today, ICPR is delighted to announce the official release of the new ICPR token.
The ICPR token release is relaunching the Internet Computer Protocol (ICP) by forking the project to establish a fair, transparent, and democratic control over the new network.
“The early ICP contributors and seed investors will get the new ICPR tokens according to their original ICP allocations”, said Ross Jackson, a commuinty builder in ICPR. “They will be able to claim their fully vested token allocations without any additional locking or vesting schedule” he adds. The project has outlined why and how the initial tokens of the ICP Reboot (ICPR) will be distributed to Dfinity’s original seed investors and early contributors here and here.
The initial token distribution has begun on October 4th and focuses on distributing ICPR tokens to Dfinity’s 375 seed investors and early contributors in the following phases:
- Phase #1 (October 4th — November 4th) — Claims and Disputes: pre-launch opt-in process to confirm and guarantee your grant.
- Phase #2 (November 4th — December 24th) — Allocation to Verified Participants: simultaneous allocation to participants in phase #1 and continued post-launch claims and distributions.
- Phase #3 (December 24th) — Allocation to Remaining Participants: allocation to remaining seed investors and early contributors who didn’t participate in the previous phases.
According to the research firm Arkham Intelligence, Dfinity “quietly allowed its Treasury and insiders to send 18.9 million of ICP to exchanges, while making it extremely difficult for their longtime supporters to access the tokens they were promised.”
The ICPR will first be issued on the Ethereum blockchain as a standard and audited ERC20 token. However, it will transition to a new network when the mainnet is ready. Its relaunch will create an open and inclusive environment for all to participate and contribute.
About ICP Reboot (ICPR)
ICP Reboot is a community-driven project that is forking the original Internet Computer Protocol (ICP) to create the new ICP Reboot network. ICPR will run on a truly democratic decentralized governance system in which members decide how to fork and improve upon this protocol while retaining flexibility on the direction of the network.
For further information, visit: https://icpr.io/
- ICPR Community
- ICP Reboot
- [email protected]
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000