After a lot of speculation around the crypto ban in India, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has finally spoken out clearing the air! Speaking at the India Today Conclave, Sitharaman said that India “will not shut off all cryptocurrency” and will rather allow some “experiments” with the technology as an alternative form of payment.
Well, these encouraging words come just at a time when there has been multiple news about the crypto ban in India. India’s central bank – the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) – has been hinting at a crypto ban in the last few months.
This is a much welcome statement for the Indian crypto community which has been waiting on the sidelines for some positive development in this matter. Also, the Indian Finance Minister’s statement comes right when Bitcoin (BTC) hits its all-time high of $61K.
Sitharaman further acknowledged the fintech developments taking place in India. She suggested that blockchain technology is the backbone of FinTech and crypto, and thus there should be a window available for some experiments. The Finance Minister added:
“From our (the finance ministry’s) side we are very clear that we are not shutting all options. We will allow a certain window for people to do experiments on blockchain, bitcoins, or cryptocurrency. We are not going to shut it off all”.
India’s Emerging FinTech Landscape
For the very first time, the Finance Minister openly acknowledged the developments taking place in India’s finTech landscape. She added:
“On fintech, on blockchain, there is a lot of work going on in India and we will certainly encourage that. We have got several presentations. Much works at some states level are happening. And we want to take it in a big way in IFSC or Gift City in Gandhinagar”.
These encouraging words will provide a huge relief for retail crypto investors in India. Nischal Shetty, the CEO of India’s largest crypto exchange WazirX welcomed the recent comments from the Finance Minister.
There you go! #Bitcoin crypto will NOT be shut off.
CBDC does not mean shutting off other Crypto assets & utilities.
India, your time is here. Time to BUIDL and win 🚀
— Nischal (WazirX) ⚡️ (@NischalShetty) March 14, 2021
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?