A key part of Terra’s recovery plan is the removal of Do Kwon’s Terraform Labs and making the blockchain completely community-owned.
But this aspect of the plan may have been premediated. An old interview of Kwon, which resurfaced recently, shows the Terra founder talking about a “kill switch” for Terraform Labs (TFL).
The Terra recovery proposal will include a hard fork to a new chain, called Terra Version 2. It will also entail an airdrop of new LUNA tokens to holders on the old blockchain.
Is TFL’s exclusion from the blockchain premediated?
In the interview from 2021, Kwon says that if Terraform Labs were to be in a position where it could not “best serve the community,” the firm would “pull the trigger,” and cut all ties to the blockchain.
With responsibility over the Terra crash now falling directly on Kwon and TFL, such a scenario may be playing out. Kwon had called the move a “Protocol Armageddon.”
We pull the trigger and 24 hours later, we’re gone. We burn all our assets, we cut all of our ties, and its nothing. That’s just in case things move a little bit faster than we’re anticipating.
The exact wordings of the Terra recovery proposal, which is currently being voted on, are “TFL’s wallet will be removed in the whitelist for the airdrop, making Terra a fully community owned chain.”
Did TFL know the Terra crash was coming?
The interview has now fuelled speculation that the Terra crash was planned by TFL. But Twitter user @FatManTerra, who dug up the interview, says Kwon’s comments may not have been malicious, but rather an additional decentralization measure.
Still, other users noted reports that Kwon had moved TFL to Singapore from South Korea just a week before the Terra collapse. Kwon’s proposal to hard fork the chain had also attracted criticism from several notable crypto voices, including Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao.
But so far, LUNA holders appear to be on board with Kwon’s plan to hard fork the chain and airdrop new tokens. Roughly 80% of voters approve the proposal, while 14.8% have voted against it and invoked veto powers.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?