The price impact of Serenity and ETH 2.0 stands to be way bigger than what Bitcoin halving would have had on BTC and altcoin prices. This is the analysis of one Ethereum supporter and a complementing observation to others who strongly believe that ETH is currently undervalued.
Thing is, it is hard to judge an asset that is not only affected by emotions and the hype element but is also highly correlated to how BTC prices move. Still, there are hints that Ethereum, as things stand, may appreciate in days ahead.
Ethereum 2.0 is not priced in.
— Anthony Sassano | sassal.eth (@sassal0x) May 26, 2020
Ethereum, despite accusations of being slow to agree on and implement changes that would cement its position as a smart contracting platform, has positive fundamentals.
Ethereum Scalability Is a Big Concern
Chief is the expected transition to ETH 2.0 (Serenity) and the final resolution of the network’s scalability challenges.
These challenges were expected bearing in mind that first, Ethereum is a public chain where commits and other proposals must first be vetted before activation via a software upgrade, and second, the network’s ability to scale via on-chain options has been consequential to dapps and users of the network. These two are pressing concerns which might laid to rest with Serenity.
Note that the MakerDAO loss in March 2020 was pinned to Ethereum’s temporarily blip that saw the network clog delaying the DeFi’s smart contracts from acting on time resulting to painful losses.
Regardless of obstacles, it is increasingly clear that Ethereum commands the smart contracting scene. A Coingecko report reaffirms the smart contracting platform’s position as a preferred DeFi Launchpad.
Another observation is that for the network’s perceived security, stablecoins issuers have been flocking to Ethereum. For comparison, despite launching in less than two years, ERC-20 version of the USDT has eclipsed XRP to third and is a dominant stablecoin.
Bitcoin Halving Versus ETH 2.0
Therefore, the final resolution and a smooth transition to ETH 2.0 has the possibility of pumping ETH and the network’s token prices.
But there is a big if. ETH may end up roaring to $280 or higher should the activation be smooth and is implemented on time.
For now, the optimism from supporters will only remain as it is—Hope. And whether Bitcoin Halving will comparably have a lower impact on ETH will depend on how prices will react once the Beacon Chain mainnet launches in H2 2020.
The potential price impact of ETH 2.0 is way, way, way larger than that of Bitcoin halving.
— Qiao Wang (@QWQiao) May 26, 2020
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?