General Motors (GM), the 113-year-old car manufacturer could follow leading car manufacturer Tesla and add Bitcoin to their treasury as per City AM. The assumption is made based on a recent survey conducted by the company that asked its customers whether they would be comfortable in using cryptocurrency as a method of full or part payment.
The feedback form initiated by GM comes days after Tesla announced that it would allow US customers to pay for Tesla cars in Bitcoin. Apart from that Musk also promised that the Bitcoin proceeds from the car sale won’t be converted to fiat.
General Motors tipped to follow Tesla and accept #Bitcoin
– London, City A.M.
— Bitcoin Archive 🗄🚀🌔 (@BTC_Archive) March 26, 2021
Tesla bought $1.5 billion in Bitcoin a month ago and has already made $1 billion profit on their Bitcoin purchase. While many criticized Tesla’s decision to invest in a volatile asset, however, Elon Musk’s recent decision to allow Bitcoin purchases surely shows tech billionaires’ determination towards the top cryptocurrency.
GM CEO Had Dismissed Bitcoin Investment Speculations Last Month
The speculations about GM possibly looking to invest in Bitcoin might have arisen from its recent feedback campaign, however, only last month CEO of the firm Mary Barra had dismissed any plans of Bitcoin investment but suggested that they would evaluate depending on customer’s demand, saying,
“We don’t have any plans to invest in Bitcoin, so full stop there,”
“This is something we’ll monitor, and we’ll evaluate, and if there’s strong customer demand for it in the future, there’s nothing that precludes us from doing that.”
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?