In the latest report, banking giant JPMorgan has said that Ethereum’s high gas fee and network congestion are putting a big risk for the smart contracts platform. JPMorgan said that this could be a “problem for Ethereum’s valuation”.
It specifically added that Ethereum could be losing its NFT market share to rival Solana which has been gaining massive ground over the last year. If we look at the data, Ethereum’s NFT market share has already dropped to 80% from 95% at the beginning of 2021.
In the report, first shared by Business Insider, JPMorgan said that NFTs are the “fastest-growing universe in the crypto ecosystem”. Thus, If the loss of its NFT share starts looking more sustained in 2022, that would become a bigger problem for Ethereum’s valuation”.
The JPMorgan analysts also noted that data shows NFT players have been moving from Ethereum to Solana amid the latter’s faster transaction speeds and low costs.
Ethereum At the Risk of Losing DeFi Dominance
Another area that we need to focus upon is Ethereum’s falling share in the world of decentralized finance (DeFi). Last week, in a note to clients, JPMorgan analysts led by Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou, wrote:
“It looks like, similar to DeFi [decentralized finance] apps, congestion and high gas fees has been inducing NFT applications to use other blockchains”.
Ethereum has a big challenge ahead of it to quickly scale to the PoS Ethereum 2.0 or end up losing its market share to other competitors like Solana, Avalanche, Cardano, and others.
Much recently, we have been also seeing that Ethereum’s price has been moving sideways amid the recent crypto market consolidation. As per our technical analysis, the ETH price is currently trading at crucial support levels and is at risk of seeing another 20% price drop. As the Ethereum open interest tanks to a 3-month-low, here’s what the investor sentiment suggests.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE