Crypto exchange Binance has launched a crypto card for Ukrainians who are forced to move to European countries due to the ongoing war with Russia, the company said on Tuesday.
The card allows current and new Binance users from Ukraine to make or receive crypto payments and make purchases at retailers in the European Economic Area (EEA) who accept card payments.
Binance Offers Crypto Card To Ukrainian Refugees
In a press release on April 26, Binance announced the Binance Refugee Crypto Card in partnership with Contis, a banking-as-a-Service platform. Binance has offered an easy way for displaced Ukrainians to buy things using cryptocurrencies at crypto-friendly retailers. The card is available in both virtual and physical formats.
Moreover, Helen Hai, Head of Binance Charity, believes cryptocurrencies are useful in such difficult times as it is a fast, cheap, and secure mode of transferring funds and helping people with their urgent financial needs.
Kirill Khomyakov, General Manager of Binance in Ukraine, says the situation is critical in Ukraine as more than 4 million people have already left the country. Ukrainians who fled to Europe are facing financial difficulty. He said:
“It is our responsibility to help people who have suffered from the war and were forced to leave their homes. The Binance Refugee Card will allow Ukrainians to get help from Binance and other charitable organizations, and, if necessary, receive cryptocurrency from any other wallets.”
Furthermore, Binance Charity is collaborating with non-profit organizations such as Rotary and Palianytsia to offer crypto-based cash assistance through the Refugee Crypto Card. It allows relatives or acquaintances of displaced Ukrainians to send crypto to the card.
Refugees will receive 75 BUSD, worth nearly US$75, per month for three months. The BUSD cryptocurrency will automatically convert to local currency during the payment. The Binance Refugee Crypto Card is free but requires full KYC verification.
Binance supports Ukrainians affected by war
Crypto exchange Binance has pledged continued support to Ukraine during the war. Through its Binance Charity, Binance has donated $10 million to support displaced children and families in Ukraine and neighboring countries.
Binance Charity has already raised more than $1 million in crypto donations through its crowdfunding site “Emergency Assistance Fund for Ukraine.”
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?