Crypto exchange Huobi Global’s Thailand unit will be permanently shut down from July 1 as the SEC revoked its license. Moreover, Huobi Thailand will no longer be linked to Huobi Global and its affiliates. The crypto exchange has been trying to reach all customers to withdraw or transfer their holdings.
Huobi Closes Thailand’s Unit As the SEC Revoked Its License
In September 2021, the SEC Thailand asked the Ministry of Finance to revoke the license of Huobi Thailand. The SEC had found problems in the management structure and work system of Huobi Thailand which were not in accordance with the relevant announcements and rules.
Thailand’s Securities and Exchange Commission Board (SEC Board) on June 15 announced revoking Huobi Thailand’s crypto exchange license after the firm failed to set management and personnel system in accordance with rules and regulations despite several warnings.
Furthermore, Huobi Thailand is currently trying to contact all customers to withdraw their crypto assets. Clients who want to withdraw holdings after the closure of the firm can reach out through email and its Telegram channel. The statement also reads:
“Nevertheless, we are sorry that our journey have come to an end, and we sincerely thank you for your long support.”
In fact, the crypto trading on Huobi Thailand was already suspended by the SEC. Moreover, the SEC asked the crypto exchange to protect customers’ assets until the business license is revoked.
Crypto Adoption and Oversight Grows Side by Side in Thailand
Crypto adoption is rising rapidly in Thailand as retail and institutional investors show interest in cryptocurrency. With the rise in crypto adoption, government oversight and rules are also picking pace. Recently, the Thai government decided to exempt crypto transfers from value-added tax (VAT) payments until December 31, 2023.
Moreover, the SEC prohibited crypto exchanges in Thailand from listing utility tokens, meme tokens, fan tokens, Non-fungible tokens (NFT), and digital tokens. The SEC allows crypto trading, but also wants to protect the interest of digital asset traders.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26