The retail giant of Thailand, Central Retail Corp., has confirmed the pilot for its virtual currency ‘C-Coin’, which can be used in place of fiat to make payments at eating outlets, and stores of Central’s partners to purchase products and services. While the native token’s pilot is currently limited to Central Retail’s employees, the organization ascertained its target to further expand the offering to the customers as well. C-Coin is built on the blockchain network and is presently undergoing the process of distribution amongst Central’s 80,000 employees worldwide.
The company is currently focused on launching the pilot to learn more about the adoption and functioning of the token, to further expand utility to its customer upon achieving successful results. This was confirmed by Kowin Kulruchakorn, the chief innovative officer at Central Tech, a unit of the retail giant that invented the C-Coin and handles all of CRC’s Omni-channel and e-commerce platforms. However, Kowin did not provide any details about the process of distributing C-Coin amongst its customers. Furthermore, there is also no clarity about whether C-Coin will be listed or available for trading.
“We’ll be looking to enhance the C-Coin after we have used it within our network…If our employees are able to use the C-Coin, then our customers should have no problems with it…We see a lot of potential for the C-Coin. No matter whether our customers are migrating online or going back to malls offline, we must find the best ways to reach them and create spending…There are so many different opportunities that blockchain technology can bring us.””, Kowin Kulruchakorn told Bloomberg.
Private Crypto or a marketing strategy?
Exclusively launching private crypto to promote products and franchisees may become another crypto trend in near future. Earlier this month, Ex-Arsenal superstar, Mesut Özil also announced the launch of his private crypto token to further market his clothing brand, M10Streetwear. According to CoinGape’s previous coverage, Ozil coin owner could trade it the same as Bitcoin and acquire discounts on his gear. Additionally, traders may also get an opportunity to meet Ozil, as a reward for purchasing his digital token.
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?