One of Spanish soccer’s top leagues, LaLiga has announced the launch of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) of all its individual players. These NFTs will be launched in form of digital cards that can be further traded and used to play with other members’ tokens.
“We are always looking for innovative ways to offer our fans new and exciting experiences and to broaden the appeal of our competition,” said Javier Tebas, the Spanish league president.
LaLiga League NFT partnership with Sorare
LaLiga’s NFT launch is in collaboration with the French start-up, Sorare. Sorare is popular for providing a platform to participate in fantasy football tournaments with NFTs, where players can buy, sell, trade, and manage a virtual team with their digital player cards. LaLiga has signed a long-term deal with Sorare. Under this partnership agreement, LaLiga’s top players, such as Atlético Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann, Real Madrid’s Vinícius Júnior and FC Barcelona’s Pedri will display their tokenized versions.
LaLiga’s league president stated that the partnership “enables us to reach new audiences globally and gives existing fans additional ways they can get involved with the players and the clubs they love.” Furthermore, in a separate interview, Nicolas Julia, Sorare’s CEO, and co-founder told CNBC that, “Today is a huge milestone for us because it’s the first top five league joining the platform,”.
National Football League bans NFT deals
While Spain’s Football league is entering the NFT sphere to globalize its dominance in the Premier League. At the same time, America’s National Football League, with 32 teams, recently announced a temporary ban on crypto sponsorships. Furthermore, it also prohibited the sale of a team or individual non-fungible tokens (NFTs). This move has come as part of the league’s ongoing process of developing a strategy for sports digital trading cards and art.
“Clubs are prohibited from selling, or otherwise allowing within club-controlled media, advertisements for specific cryptocurrencies, initial coin offerings, other cryptocurrency sales or any other media category as it relates to blockchain, digital asset or as blockchain company, except as outlined in this policy,” The Athletic report stated the new guidelines, as read by a team official, who requested anonymity.
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?