The Kleiman vs Wright lawsuit has taken another bizarre turn after three years of the undecided court battle. David Kleiman is the former business partner of Craig Wright, the self-proclaimed creator of Bitcoin. The court battle is for $64 billion worth of Bitcoin stored in a wallet belonging to pseudo-anonymous creator Satoshi Nakamoto. Wright claims to be the sole creator and therefore the owner of the wallet while the Kleiman family claims it was co-created by both the business partner.
Kleiman family lawyer Vel Freedman in a recent interview with Wall Street Journal claimed that they are in possession of physical evidence that would prove Bitcoin was co-created by two individuals. He revealed that Kleiman always carried a military-grade thumbnail that could contain key information regarding the case, indicating the Klieman council could offer the thumbnail as evidence. He said,
“We believe the evidence will show there was a partnership to create and mine over one million Bitcoin,”
Craig Wright has long been known as “Faketoshi” for his obsession to prove he is the real creator of Bitcoin. The crypto community believes all he has to do is sign the original wallet with the private key, but Wright has always bailed out with some excuse or failed to do the simple task. Even at the start of this lawsuit, Wright claimed he would produce the private key soon, but that also turned out to be a time-wasting stunt.
Will Bitcoin Price Be Affected?
The crypto community believes neither of the two parties is the original creator of Bitcoin mainly because of their desperation to claim the multi-billion dollar Bitcoin wallet. The original creator did mine one million Bitcoin at the start but never touched it till today and it has become the center of the 3-year ongoing court battle.
Bitcoin price is currently trading above $65K with a bullish outlook, especially after the much-awaited Taproot integration. As for the ongoing court battle and bold claims of new evidence, it won’t be for the first time when the case has seen much speculation but eventually it turns out to be otherwise. Thus it won’t have much of an impact on BTC price given the top cryptocurrency has matured as an asset over the past three years.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?