UMA, a platform for creating synthetic financial contracts is quickly rising up the ranks as it’s governance token takes on MakerDAO (a leader before May) in market capitalization. A close second to MakerDAO is yearn.finance’s $YFI token; which is only short $4 million in total market capitalization compared to MakerDAO.
UMA enables synthetic derivative contracts using a priceless financial contract and decentralized oracle mechanism. In the past few days, the APR on UMA’s liquidity pools is ranging somewhere between 70-100%. Clayton Roche, the lead developer of UMA tweeted,
I’m seeing about a 100% APR on UMA’s liquidity mining program. Few understand….. that you can actually earn that with your ETH. Except due to over-collateralization and needing to pair with USDC, you end up with about 25% capital efficiency (thus about 25% apr on ETH.).
Even then, a 25% gain over Ethereum annually is a handsome return which outperforms any staking or mining returns at the moment. The capital gain on the governance token such as $UMA voting token is an added bonus.
DeFi On Cocaine
Apart from UMA, the on-boarding on $YFI on Aave, today, was bullish for both tokens.
… $LINK Price feed…
…Few Understand pic.twitter.com/hvbfWnn1rc
— Aave (@AaveAave) August 28, 2020
The other exciting news for DeFi tokens is the widespread listing on Okex Exchange. It lists eight DeFi tokens including the Chinese version of $YFI, $YFII.
Yeaen.finance offers a top liquidity pool aimed to capture the highest returns in DeFi farming. YFI has been on a bullish streak for weeks has now and just surpassed $18,000. The addition of Yearn.finance on Aave is providing a big boost to the pool; it is logging 30% gains on a daily scale.
Moreover, even Curve Y Pool is keeping up with the fast pace as it continually adds new features to its contracts. Just this morning, it added a new “my” option for competitive yield for farmers. Julien Bouteloup, a DeFi expert notes,
the “My” section where you can see if your APY is optimized across all the pools (gov + boost + locks)
Imagine all the computations behind the scene
Per pool: – Lowest APY (no boost)
– Highest APY (with optimized 2.5x boost)
These are little known projects which are gaining momentum far too quickly. Moreover, the FOMO and participation are growing by each passing day, even in China. The DeFi space seems to be on a tremendous growth path with growing interest around the world. Dovey Wan, founding partner at Primitive Crypto tweeted on the increasing adoption in China,
the usability dev is happening very fast in China, considering the wechat/ticktock path of adoption as the root of most Chinese consumer internet products you won’t be surprised of this
What are the DeFi tokens in your portfolio currently? Please share your views with us.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?