Due to a huge correction in the last two weeks, LINK price lost around 50% in value. The LINK/USD pair has dropped to the crucial support of $13.5 looking for sufficient demand. The coin chart shows several lower price rejection candles at the bottom support registering a 20% gain in the last six days. If the buyers could sustain this momentum, the coin could enter a recovery phase above $16.75.
Key technical points:
- LINK token technical chart shows a bearish crossover of the 100-and-200-day SMA
- The intraday trading volume in the LINK token is $791.5 Billion, indicating a 9.31% fall.
In our last coverage of Chainlink technical analysis, Coingape warned about a further drop in LINK/USD pair as this coin sinks below the $20 floor. Under the influence of the crypto bloodbath, the seller engulfed another floor support of $16.75 and dropped the coin to yearly support of $13.57.
- The LINK price has been discounted by 50% from the previous swing high of $28.5. The token buyers show strong interest in the current market value($16.28), displaying long lower price rejection in the technical chart.
- The daily-Relative Strength index(34) recovered from the oversold region challenges the 14-SMA line. However, more buying pressure would be required for successful crossover above the midline.
- This recent sell-off has triggered a bearish crossover of the 100 and 200 SMA, encouraging the seller to continue the bear attack.
Recovery Rally Needs $16.75 Breakout
This week the LINK price action showed a whipsaw movement between the $16.75 and $13.57. Such minor consolidation avails a recovery opportunity for buyers once the coin pump above the overhead resistance.
However, the downside risks are substantial as a shift sell-off could violate the bottom support of $13.57, leading to further downsizing.
Bollinger band indicator moving sideways completely engulfs this week’s price action. The token price moving higher to the middle line aims to retest the $16.75 resistance.
- Resistance levels- $16.75, $21
- Support levels are $13.57 and $11.5.
- Crypto Proponent Outlines Catalysts For Bitcoin’s Next Bull Run, Time To Buy?
- Terra’s UST Causes A 20% Dump In DeFi Token Curve (CRV), Here’s How
- Can Tron Fill The Hole In DeFi Left By Terra?
- Terra Crash Causes Ripple Effect Among Crypto Startups, Here’s How
- Bitcoin (BTC) To Slip Further Below $29K Today, Where’s The Bottom?
- LUNA, UST Volatility Spikes As Voting On Terra Fork Begins
- Panama Delays Legalizing Crypto On This Major Factor
- Big Investors in Terra LUNA Finally Break Silence, Here’s What They Have to Say
- Bitcoin (BTC) Tanks Under $29,000 After A Classic Bull Trap, Still More Pain Left?
- Just In: Russia Minister Hints At Bitcoin Payments Nod
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?