FTM price treads water on weekends as it moves sideways with no meaningful price action. The current price action suggests sellers look exhausted and look for some support. Fantom is the 29th largest cryptocurrency by market cap but it is comprised of a very compelling technology and a growing ecosystem.
- FTM price trades with a modest gain on Saturday.
- Expect more falls if the price breaks below the weekly close of $1.14.
- Fantom fell 30% over the past week.
As of publication time, FTM/USD is trading at $1.20, up 0.53% for the day.
FTM price trades near long time support level
On the daily chart, the FTM price is hovering near the long-term support level with lesser volumes. FTM has dropped nearly 65% from January highs of $3.37.
FTM price could bounce back from the current levels as in the past it recorded a jump of 45% when retreated from a record high of $3.48 made on October 28.
On the same line, FTM prices will face many upside hurdles making an attempt to break the descending trend line in an effort to move higher.
The first immediate resistance is placed at the critical 200-EMA (Exponential Moving Average) at $1.66. Next, bulls will take out the 50-day EMA of $1.96.
A sustained buying pressure will attempt to close above the bearish slopping line with the target of $2.0. Next, market participants make an attempt to take out the horizontal $2.50 horizontal resistance line.
On the flip side, a daily close below the $1.20 will trigger a fresh round of selling in the asset. With more than average volume investors might revisit the lows of September 22 at $0.97.
RSI: The daily Relative Strength Index produces bullish divergence since February 23, which could result in a short term bounce back in price.
MACD: The Moving Average Convergence Divergence trades below the midline from January 24 with a negative bias.
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000