Gibraltar, UK, 28th July, 2021,
Meme.com, which combines CoinMarketCap-like features in the meme world, is opening their platform for users around the world after raising $6 million earlier in the spring. Aiming to combine the cultural power of memes with crypto-economics, the Meme.com launch will allow people to buy and sell any Meme Tokens for the first time.
When built out, Meme.com gives the opportunity to create, buy and sell Meme Tokens based on the perceived value of trends on the Internet. The value created from the market will in return go to the creators and supporters of the best memes.
To create and buy Meme Tokens, participants will need to purchase Memecoin ($MEM), the platform’s native token.
“We want to create a place where people who are into a specific meme could get together and help each other to develop and help spread that meme further. Around each meme token there is a club where people help each other to empower the meme.” – Mattias Tyrberg Sir Stonks at meme.com
However during the beta stage, only seven Meme Tokens (named Genesis tokens) will be available and released continuously over a couple of weeks, a statement reads. This is to make sure the platform works as intended before opening it up further.
The value of the Meme Tokens is determined by the community, who support their favorite content on the platform. The Genesis tokens include This is fine, Distracted Boyfriend, Wojak, Pepe, Hide the Pain Harold, KEK and Doge. The genesis tokens will be supported by a meme club feature that will allow people to help each other improve each individual meme.
“We aim to build communities around each meme and want to empower all parts from the creation of the meme to the remixing and the spread. Memes that are most successful are those that have a powerful community behind them.” – Johan Unger Ancient Alien at meme.com
Apart from the market, Meme.com beta will also introduce quests allowing the community to compete for meme incentives. These quests aim to boost user acquisition and engagement in memes on the platform. Users can select a quest and once completed they are rewarded with rare Meme.com NFTs created by crypto artists and the community.
The first quest will be completed when a Meme Token reaches enough $MEM locked, combined with the number of holders. This will unlock some amazing meme art by top crypto artists.
Once the initial phase is successfully complete, Meme.com will release more features to help meme creators and enthusiasts both have fun and monetize their passion.
Meme.com can be described as if Wikipedia and Dogecoin had a baby. A place where people explore different memes and trends on the internet. It’s a way for people that create content and memes on platforms like Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, to explore the meme economy, enabling them to monetize their creations.
- [email protected]
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?