Miami, one of the most crypto-friendly cities in the United States, is getting its native digital currency MiamiCoin (MIA). The announcement comes within two months of Miami conducting its Bitcoin conference.
Miami Mayor Francis Suarez has been much vocal about his support for Bitcoin and the overall cryptocurrency technology. The Mayor has initiated several crypto-friendly measures while attracting miners and other players from the crypto industry.
CityCoins let you invest in your favorite city while earning for yourself.
Here’s how: 🧵👇
— patrickwstanley.btc (@PatrickWStanley) June 2, 2021
The Miami Mayor noted that the MiamiCoin will further help the city in enhancing its “tech ecosystem”. To accomplish this project, the Miami administration joined hands with CityCoins.
The reason for choosing CityCoins is that it also allows users to mine coins of their favorite city. CityCoins allows users to generate two types of cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin (BTC) and stack tokens (STX). This will allow miners to divert their funds to the treasuries of specific cities.
Working of MiamiCoin
As said, CityCoins has built the MiamiCoin using its own programmable blockchain Stacks (STX). Starting Tuesday, August 3, users on the blockchain can start mining the MIA coins.
However, 30% of the revenue generated through mining shall go to Miami. The city will use these funds in further projects for its welfare and overall development.
Interestingly, on the remaining 70%, owners of MiamiCoin (MIA) can lock the remaining 70% to earn rewards in BTC and STX. Local news publication The Miami Herald was the first to discuss this coin last month. Explaining the use of MiamiCoin (MIA), Michael Sarasti, Miami’s chief information officer and its director of innovation and technology said:
“We could use it for roads, parks, regional resilience — the idea is [MiamiCoin users] are making an investment in the quality of the city’s future. They’re betting on Miami to be successful, and from a holder perspective, when Miami does better, their coin does better.”
Speaking to Fox Business last month, Maimi Mayor Francis Suarez said that this is a win-win for all stakeholders and can potentially bring millions of dollars in revenue for the city. He further added:
“Miami has now become … the bitcoin capitol of the world, and we’re focusing on differentiating our economy by creating the new wave of technological products that will incentivize people to move to Miami and be part of our tech ecosystem”.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?