On Thursday, June 11, MicroStrategy chief Michael Saylor officially kickstarted the newly formed Bitcoin Mining Council thereby inviting industry players. The Bitcoin Mining Council basically aims to shift the dynamics of the crypto mining industry by moving towards energy-efficient mining solutions.
Inviting different industry players, Saylor said that the Bitcoin Mining Council will serve as a “voluntary” and “open forum” for Bitcoin miners.
The Bitcoin Mining Council is a voluntary and open forum of Bitcoin miners committed to the network and its core principles. We promote transparency, share best practices, and educate the public on the benefits of #Bitcoin and Bitcoin mining. Join us. 🙏https://t.co/vGPGD3TA5p
— Michael Saylor (@michael_saylor) June 10, 2021
The debut for Bitcoin Mining Council comes just within a month of forming the panel. As said, the council is basically a voluntary forum committed to the network along with its core principles. The Council has some of the top North American crypto miners as its founding members.
The names include some giants and public listed companies like Argo Blockchain, Core Scientific, Hive, Hut8, riot Blockchain, and others. However, the Council page says that any Bitcoin miner can join with no minimum limit on the size of the operation.
Also, the Bitcoin Mining Council aims to operate with complete transparency with all members voluntarily sharing their energy mix and hashrate size for educational and research purposes.
The Rise Awareness of Clean Energy Use In Bitcoin Mining
As the crypto industry matures, market participants are increasingly getting cautious about the massive use of electric power required in Bitcoin mining operations. Last month, for this very reason, Tesla suspended Bitcoin payments at its company for this very reason.
MicroStrategy’s Michael Saylor convened a meeting of some top North American miners and Tesla boss Elon Musk also joined the same. As a result, all miners decided to form a council to standardize the energy reporting. Musk said that the meeting was fruitful, however, he has no formal role so far in this council.
Also, governments worldwide are getting increasingly cautious of energy usage with crypto mining activities. China, one of the most lucrative destinations for Bitcoin miners has decided to completely ban Bitcoin and crypto mining activities in the country. As a result, miners are fleeing to other favorable destinations like North America.
The Bitcoin Mining Council will not only attract players worldwide but aims to steer the movement towards building sustainable energy solutions for mining purposes. El Salvador which recently legalized Bitcoin as an official tender is now exploring clean Bitcoin mining operations using the geothermal energy from volcanos.
Our engineers just informed me that they dug a new well, that will provide approximately 95MW of 100% clean, 0 emissions geothermal energy from our volcanos 🌋
Starting to design a full #Bitcoin mining hub around it.
What you see coming out of the well is pure water vapor 🇸🇻 pic.twitter.com/SVph4BEW1L
— Nayib Bukele 🇸🇻 (@nayibbukele) June 9, 2021
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?