U.K based crypto mining firm Argo Blockchain is set to build an 800-megawatt capacity data center in West Texas in a move that could see the firm spending anywhere between $1.5 billion to $2 billion.
Argo Blockchain Estimates Cost of About $2 Billion For Texas Mining Facility
According to a regulatory filing by Argo Block chain on Friday, the $2 billion cost estimate for the mining facility was concluded upon, after considering the type of mining machines to be installed in the facility, the cost of raw materials, that of labor, the mix of owned and hosted machines, and the cost of power required for the construction of the mining facility and all other factors. But as the firm says, these are purely estimates, and future results could turn out to be entirely different.
Argo started the project on the 200 MW crypto mining facility based in Dickens County in July, announcing that the site will allow the company have access to about 800 MW of electrical power for its operations in the future.
Presently, the mining center is yet to even have a roof, and Argo is expected to pay no less than $17.5 million for the plot of land alone.
CEO Reports Progress
According to Argo’s CEO Peter Wall, things are really taking shape in Texas, and hopefully, the facility should be fully operational by mid-2022.
Speaking about the reasons why the firm is choosing to locate the data center at Texas, Peter Wall cited the cheap renewable energy of Texas and how welcoming the state is, especially towards innovation in new technologies.
As of August, the company claimed that its crypto operations had become more climate friendly, even as it strives to eventually become completely carbon neutral.
Many Bitcoin (BTC) miners are beginning to set up shop in Texas as they comtinje their search for a safe haven yo do business since China’s crackdown on crypto relayed activities, and most especially, for its relatively cheap electricity tariffs and obviously crypto-friendly regulations.
Mining firms that have set up in Texas so far include, Blockcap, Riot Blockchain and others.
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?