Axie Infinity ($AXS), a play-to-earn (P2E) NFT game has shot put in popularity amid NFT frenzy, so much so that its token price has surged over 300% in the last month itself. The founders of the NFT game are now looking to raise nearly $150 million in a Series B funding round that could put its overall valuation above $3 billion making it one of the most valuable gaming companies today.
Axie Infinity creator firm Sky Mavis announced earlier today that the firm is looking to raise capital to the tune of $150 million and Wall Street Venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) will lead the funding round. The creator of the blockchain game wants to utilize the new capital to expand the team, scale infrastructure, and build its distribution platform to support game developers.
“We are on a mission to create economic freedom for gamers and are making this happen by turning players into owners of in-game assets unlike the traditional model where publishers, distribution platforms, and game developers retain control and benefit the most,” said Sky Mavis CEO Trung Nguyen.
On the other hand, a16z who have been pretty active with their investment in the crypto world see huge potential in the P2E game and believe Axie could trigger a new era for the gaming industry.
“The game’s growth is a phenomenal testament to how deeply this model is resonating with people around the world,” said Arianna Simpson, general partner at a16z. “The Axie team has triggered an earthquake in gaming and the industry is now forever changed.”
Axie Infinity Outshines Market Leaders
Axie Infinity surged to a new ATH above $150 yesterday on the back of over 150% in weekly gains even when the rest of the crypto market is still recovering from the bearish September. The main catalysts that filed $AXS price are the staking rewards and NFT mania that has engulfed the crypto market this bull season.
$AXS is now in a price discovery mode and as the rest of the market turns bullish with the start of October $AXS can set new ATHs.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support