The world’s largest NFT marketplace OpenSea has been facing a sort of community backlash after news broke out that the company is planning for an IPO. The news was that Ethereum-based OpenSea shall be raising funds through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) after the company appointed its new CFO Brian Roberts.
However, a day later after facing massive community backlash, OpenSea CFO has issued a clarification. In his recent tweet, Roberts wrote:
There was inaccurate reporting about @OpenSea‘s plans. Let me set the record straight: there is a big gap between thinking about what an IPO might eventually look like & actively planning one. We are not planning an IPO, and if we ever did, we would look to involve the community.
Brian Roberts recently joined OpenSea after his successful tenure at the ride-sharing company Lyft. Mr. Roberts has been instrumental in the successful public listing of Lyft back in 2019.
Roberts Sees Huge Growth In Web 3 Companies
The new OpenSea CFO is quite optimistic about the developments taking place in Web 3.0. Speaking about his decision to resign at Lyft and join OpenSea as the CFO, Roberts said: “I voted with my feet”.
Speaking to Bloomberg, Roberts said that the growth in Web 3.0 companies and in particular the OpenSea’s NFT marketplace made it easier for him to decide. “I haven’t been this excited about something in a very long time,” he said. “It reminds me of 1995 eBay” speaking of OpenSea’s rampant growth and profits, Roberts added:
“I’ve seen a lot of P&Ls (profit and loss statements) but I’ve never seen a P&L like this. When you have a company growing as fast as this one, you’d be foolish not to think about it going public”. It “would be well-received in the public market given its growth.”
OpenSea Founder and CEO Devin Finzer also confirmed that the company is looking for fresh funds. However, they are yet to figure out what kind of investors they are willing to bring. OpenSea currently has backing from some of the top investors like A16Z, Founders Fund, Coinbase and Blockchain Capital.
- Pentagon Raises Damning Concerns Over Bitcoin, Ethereum Security
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077