Amid the wave of panic selling in India, Paytm CEO, Vijay Shekhar Sharma has opted a pro-crypto stance asserting the decentralized sphere’s inevitable development. Sharma spoke remotely at a virtual conference organized by the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) this Thursday, where he levied crypto as Silicon Valley’s answer to Wall Street. While arguing in favor of crypto’s mainstream adoption, Sharma added that within the next five years, crypto will most certainly become part of our everyday routines, comparing it to the Internet, which was equally criticized during its initial days.
He also touched upon the theme of the Indian government’s potential crypto ban after the Crypto Bill is tabled during Parliament’s winter session, noting that governments are confused about crypto across the globe, however, that does not necessarily confirm a dead end for virtual currencies. Additionally, Sharma argued that crypto can never replace sovereign currency, like the Indian Rupee, yet Crypto’s growth is not linked with its potential to replace native currencies.
He said, “I am very positive about crypto. It is fundamentally based on cryptography and will be the mainstream technology in a few years like the internet which is (now) part of daily life…Every government is confused. In five years, it will be the mainstream technology.”
Indian Crypto Crash
India continues to stay in news given its latest crypto bill snapshot leak controversy that further triggered a crypto crash in the country. The market went into shock after speculations about a crypto ban in India spread like wild fire based on the crypto bill brief presented in the snapshot. The Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2021 is among the 26 bills which are scheduled to get listed for the upcoming winter session starting on 29 November. The speculations caused an overnight pain selling series, further resulting in the prices of Bitcoin (BTC) and multiple other leading altcoins to crash over 20% on exchanges like WazirX. Nevertheless, it did not impact the global markets, as they continued to maintain a stable price given the stats on Coinmarketcap remained close to unaffected.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?