PolyNetwork has announced an upcoming security upgrade with a $500,000 bug bounty program on the Immunefi blockchain. The bug bounty system is scheduled to be launched today, i.e., on August 17, 2021. The poly network is offering a $100,000 reward per valid Bug Bounty, with a total bounty pool of $500,000.
Breaking News!@PolyNetwork2 will be launching their bug bounty program on Immunefi!
Poly Network recently announced an updated roadmap & will launch their bug bounty program on Immunefi on August 17th, 2021.
$100,000 per valid Bug Bounty, with a total bounty pool of $500,000 pic.twitter.com/iMVR4sAUcO
— Immunefi (@immunefi) August 16, 2021
After being the center of the Crypto industry’s biggest hack, worth $610 Million, Poly network has received considerable criticism on its security protocols. The bug bounty program security upgrade is Poly network’s effort to prevent any foreseeable breaches.
Weak security protocols led to the Hack
August 10, Tuesday, the Defi cross-chain protocol Poly Network suffered the biggest crypto heist in history. Hackers stole approximately $610 million worth of cryptocurrencies from Poly Network operating across three blockchains, the Binance Smart Chain (BSC), Ethereum (ETH), and Polygon.
Poly Network alerted the respective exchange platforms to block any transactions originating from hacked accounts. The Defi cross-chain platform demanded the hackers to return the stolen assets and threatened them with legal action. However, the attackers returned the stolen funds, they highlighted the incompetence of Poly Network’s protocol developers. Additionally, the attackers claimed that the attack would have been in billions if they had included “Shitcoins” in the stolen assets.
Neko Network Hack
The poly network hack could’ve given rise to a chain of foreseeable hacks. Recently, Neko Network suffered a breach worth 2 million in Stablecoins. Neko Network attackers acquired 2 million USDT, 390,000 BUSD, and 1 BTCB.
Like the Poly Network hack, Neko Network’s attackers also found a loophole due to fragile security protocols. Neko Network lending protocol’s shortcoming on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) gave the hackers an easy in. This loophole in the protocol was then used to mortgage assets in the name of the users and the borrowed funds directly sent to the attacker’s address.
The attackers in this scenario also agreed to return the stolen assets. However, experts argue the returns are obvious in lieu of inconvenience. They claim, it is highly bothersome to launder such large amounts of asset brackets.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5