Venture capital might already be eyeing the next creators of the decentralized internet, as two blockchain entrepreneurs have now launched a new crypto fund earmarked to bootstrap Web 3 startups that are promising.
On Oct. 29, Mahesh Vellanki and Kevin Chou launched SuperLayer, a crypto venture studio that will be building Web 3 projects directly on the Rally network.
Rally network is a crypto-social platform that allows artists and creators to launch their own digital currencies. According to reports, the venture studio will first launch in-house projects, before going on to recruit product managers who will then develop the business further.
Noteworthy however, is the fact that SuperLayer has received backing from top investors, including Marc Andreessen of venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, Carter Reum, Chris Dixon, Nas, Paris Hilton, Michael Ovitz and others. For starters, SuperLayer is going to release $25 million in seed investments, and will then continue to raise funds on a time-to-time basis.
Before co-founding the Rally network with Mahesh Vellanki in 2018, Chou was then, at the helm of affairs at an e-sports gaming company, Kabam which later sold for $1 billion in 2017.
Also, some of the biggest crypto funding rounds has been backed by Marc Andreessen’s Andreesen Horowitz . Recall that very recently, blockchain platform Alchemy completed a $250 million Series C investment round that was led by the Silicon Valley venture firm. Earlier in the year, we reported that the firm launched the biggest-ever crypto venture fund, valued at $2.2 billion at the time.
According to reports, Andreesen’s crypto fund has recently recruited the services of two renowned engineers from Facebook to join the firm. While one will take up the position of a chief technology officer, the other would be the chief information security officer.
Meanwhile in a related news, Facebook has now rebranded to Meta, reflecting its huge ambitions far beyond social media, and into Web 3 and virtual reality experiences.
- Ethereum’s Buterin To Use Returned $100M From SHIB Donation For Covid Relief Projects Worldwide
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Unfazed By Bitcoin Crash, Set To Launch Its Metaverse – ‘Shiberse’
- Hackers Siphon Off $80 Million in Cryptocurrency from Qubit DeFi platform
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?