The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has finally submitted the documents related to Bill Hinman’s infamous 2018 Ethereum (ETH) speech for in camera review. The commission mentioned that the memos submitted are under three different categories.
SEC submits memos under 3 categories
The court on June 14, 2022 asked the SEC to tender the internal documents to justify its assertion that they are protected under attorney client privilege. The regulator added that the submitted documents include 10 exemplar documents listed in “Attachment 1”. These memos were also mentioned in the commission’s letter for partial reconsideration.
The SEC had used every tactic in the books to shield the Hinman’s Speech documents. In the latest submission, the commission has put the document in three sections. The first set includes David Frederickson’s emails communicating about legal issues for the Speech. This also contains drafts of legal advice given to Hinman related to the speech contents. David Frederickson was working as the Chief Counsel for the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance.
While the second category of memos is emails from June 2018. These were sent by Michael Seaman (Hinman’s Counsel) to Hinman, Frederickson, and Szczepanik. The email carries an attachment of speech drafts with implemented legal advice from different SEC divisions. The staff of Trading & Markets (TM) and Investment Managemen (IM) were also involved.
Will Court accept Watchdog’s assertion?
The last category holds emails of attorneys from TM, IM, and OGC with the draft Seaman sent to Hinman. The draft was sent on June 11, 2018. This also includes the email with a draft of the refined language related to legal issues.
Now, as the court has obtained the required document, SEC’s fresh assertion will be challenged. The in camera review will lead the lawsuit towards the clarity over the speech made by Hinman on June 14. 2018. The speech allegedly directed that the Ethereum (ETH) is not the security under the consideration of the authority.
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?