Ripple is speculated to be entering the Brazilian market as the CEO of the fintech company recently met with the President of the Central Bank of Brazil via video conference. As per the “Agenda of Authorities” on the Brazilian Central Banks official website, the President of the Bank, Roberto Campos Neto had a meeting with Brad Garlinghouse as well as other members of Ripple.
Global Expansion for Ripple?
Other than Central Bank president and Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse, the meeting also included Ben Lawsky, Member of the Board of Directors of Ripple, Eric van Miltemburg, Senior Vice President, Global Operations, Ripple, Luiz Antonio Sacco, Vice President of Global Operations, and General Director for Latin America at Ripple. The meeting was scheduled for an hour from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm on 30 May 2020. Since the meeting was closed to the press, the details about the conference remain uncertain, however, the Bank’s website suggested that “institutional matters” would be discussed in the hour-long meeting.
Even though no particular regulations pertaining to cryptocurrencies have been put in place in the country, the Brazilian law categorizes it as securities. In June, last year, Ripple set up an office in Brazil with an aim of expanding throughout Latin America.
Apart from this venture, Ripple already has clients like Santander Brazil, Remessa Online, BEXS, Banco Bradesco, Itau Unibanco, Frente Corretora de Câmbio, Banco Topazio Banco Rendimento as well as BeeTech Global in the country.
Luiz Antonio Sacca, the Vice President of Global Operations, and General Director for Latin America at Ripple was also part of the recent meeting. During the set up of the office, Sacco highlighted the company’s excitement to enter the Brazilian market. He stated,
“Brazil is a leader in innovation in the fintech sector and Ripple has differentiated itself in this sector, as it provides solutions already proven to solve real problems, paving the way for the rest of the South American continent .”
In other news, the past Co-founder of Ripple, Jed McCaleb, reportedly received about 79.7 million XRP worth 16.3 million USD from Ripple. McCaleb who is the present CTO of Stellar had sold about 82.5 million XRP back in May.
Ripple CEO Supports Black Lives Matter
In light of the situation in the United States, where 46-year-old man, George Floyd died in the hands of a police officer, Ripple’s Garlinghouse took a stand and showed his support for Floyd on Twitter. He tweeted,
While I can’t ever fully understand the pain of our Black community that recent and past events have caused, I stand in solidarity with all who are fighting to save Black lives. https://t.co/E3QufkUUsU
— Brad Garlinghouse (@bgarlinghouse) June 1, 2020
He further added,
“We need to be proactively anti-racist – presently and in the future – and completely change the way that we see and support our communities of color. This is about life and death.”
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?