The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has approached the court, seeking an order compelling the Terraform Labs, and its co-founder and CEO, Do Kwon, to produce required documents and issue a testimony for the SEC’s former investigative subpoenas regarding the company’s Mirroring feature.
According to the SEC, Terraform Labs Mirror Protocol’s mAssets that “mirror” the price of U.S. securities, and obtain Mirror’s “governance tokens” – MIR, could potentially be violating the federal securities laws by making unregistered offer or sale of securities, and selling security-based- swaps outside of a national security exchange, along with acting as an unregistered broker or dealer, as well as engaging in securities transactions by an unregistered investment company. However, despite repetitively getting served with investigative subpoenas, Terraform Labs has refused to produce any documents, together with Kwon’s failure to comply with the testimonial obligations.
“With no legitimate basis, respondents Terraform and Kwon have refused to produce documents and Respondent Kwon has refused to testify in response to two Commission subpoenas…(They) should not be permitted to thwart the Commission’s investigation,” Bloomberg quoted SEC’s filing in the federal court in Manhattan.
Terraform Sues the SEC
Both, the individual defendant, Do Kwon, and Terraform Labs have also filed a case against the SEC last month, suing the commission for violating SEC rules along with the defendant’s individual rights under the U.S. Constitution by serving the subpoenas on him at a New York crypto industry conference.
“The SEC does not address its failure to follow its own rules, and its filings do not deny that it failed to obtain a specific order authorizing service on Do…Ultimately, the court will decide whether the SEC acted properly.”, Bloomberg quoted comments from Terraform dated Friday.
This is not the first time that the community has witnessed the building up of baseless arguments, backing the SEC’s unregistered securities stance in a case. While Terraform Labs is determined to stay out of the regulatory black hole, it may as well find itself deep in the black waters like Ripple.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?