SHIB’s price woes have been the source of some finger-biting for one Ethereum whale tier wallet. A wallet fondly named “Light” that has Shiba Inu (SHIB) tokens as its largest holding is recording about $3 billion in unrealized losses according to data from the whale wallet tracking platform, WhaleStats.
Light, which ranks as 4th among the top 1000 Ethereum wallets, holds over 38 trillion SHIB tokens, currently worth around $1.4 billion and represents 35.86% of the value of the wallet. The wallet’s value has dropped about 45% from a high of over $7 billion in the first week of December to around $4 billion.
While SHIB’s price volatility has played a major role in the unrealized losses of the whale, it is the only source of the troubles of the investor. Shiba Inu’s contribution to the drop has been about 23%, as it is trading at a 23% discount since December. Other coins in the whale’s bag that have contributed to the 45% drop have included Ether which is the second biggest holding of the wallet, as well as Mana. These two coins fell by about 30% combined. The only major holdings in the wallet that are still positive are Crypto.com Token (CRO) and Polygon (MATIC).
To sell or to hodl? Shiba Inu investors insist on doing the latter
Despite the poor price performance of SHIB, investors in the memecoin are still not panic selling their holdings as data has shown. The memecoin continues to dominate the other coins as the biggest token position by dollar value among the top 1000 Ethereum whales as the whales have continued the trend of buying up SHIB.
Their adamance in holding SHIB may be justified as year over year, the joke coin has been one of the best performing cryptocurrencies price-wise. The price of SHIB is up over 52 million percent. The Shiba Inu ecosystem is also looking very promising for the future with new use cases coming for SHIB such as metaverse, gaming, and layer 2 scaling solutions. The Shiba Inu network is also seeing real-world use cases as it has been getting adopted by institutions as a method of payment. At the moment, Shiba Inu is only behind Dogecoin (DOGE) among the most valuable memecoins in the crypto market.
Meanwhile, the price of SHIB is expected to see a surge soon according to market analyst WatcherGuru. The analyst noted that the price of SHIB was holding on to a key resistance level of $0.0000035. Based on this, he predicts that a price surge of up to 42% may be in the cards, but the price needs to breach the critical $0.000039 level to mark the beginning of the surge. “The chart shows the meme-currency is nearing its governing technical pattern’s top boundary and is preparing for a breakout in price. It could repeat its November 30 feat as it climbed close to 40% in price,” WatcherGuru added
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?