Upbit, South Korea’s largest crypto exchange, said on Thursday it will support the upcoming Terra 2.0 airdrop.
The airdrop will consist of new LUNA tokens, and is part of the blockchain’s recently-approved revival plan to create a new chain. Token holders and developers on the old LUNA chain will be the primary recipients of the the airdrop.
In an announcement on its website, Upbit said the snapshot of LUNA holders from prior to the crash had now completed, and that it will support the airdrop. A second snapshot and airdrop, for holders who bought after the crash, is expected to be completed by May 27.
Upbit is the largest crypto exchange in South Korea, commanding an over 70% market share.
Airdrop support does not guarantee Terra 2.0 trading
Upbit said that while it will support the airdrop, there is no guarantee that the exchange will facilitate trading of the new LUNA token.
This mirrors a stance adopted by other South Korean exchanges, who have reportedly distanced themselves from Terra over fears of a government investigation. Local media reports said South Korea’s other major exchanges had rejected a request from Terra to list the new token.
Founder Do Kwon has denied making such a request.
But several other major exchanges have said they will support the airdrop. Majors such as FTX, Bitfinex, and Huobi all said they will support the airdrop. But there is little word so far on whether they will list LUNA.
Binance said on Wednesday it is “working closely” with Terra over the airdrop.
Exchanges may face U.S. lawsuit over crash
Insider information suggests that Terra holders in the United States are gearing up to sue major exchanges for allowing the trade of UST and LUNA.
Exchanges operating in the U.S., such as Binance, Gemini, Kraken, and Coinbase could be charged under a securities act for misleading people over a potential scam.
Terra founder Do Kwon is already facing a lawsuit in South Korea over the crash.
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?