Terra’s recovery plan to stabilize the blockchain and recover some value appears to be mired with technical hiccups.
Roughly two proposals associated with the recovery plan have failed to execute since last week, due to issues with the smart contracts behind them.
The proposals sought to burn excess UST, and also restore inter-blockchain communication between Terra and other chains, allowing holders to move back their LUNA and UST to Terra.
Two Terra proposals fail to execute
The more serious of the two failures is Prop 1188, which aimed to burn about 1.4 billion UST tokens from Terra’s community pool, to support prices. But while users voted in favor of the proposal, it was not executed due to a smart contract error, which attempted to burn more UST from the pool than existed.
Terra put forward an updated proposal, number 1747, to redo the measure, which is currently being voted on.
The more recent of the two is Proposal 1299, which aimed to restore some degree of inter-blockchain communication (IBC) between Terra and other chains- in this case Osmosis.
The proposal did not execute as some degree of IBC channels had already been opened, causing an error in the smart contract- Terra said in a Tweet.
Developers are now working on restoring IBC channels more broadly.
Will the hard fork execute?
With a majority of LUNA holders in favor of the new Terra, it seems likely that the governance proposal will pass. But over 13% of holders have also vetoed the proposal, so it is unclear how their veto will be considered.
Still, on the technical end, the hard fork is described as the biggest proposal ever undertaken by the chain. The proposal intends to create a new Terra without Terraform Labs or the UST stablecoin. It will also airdrop new LUNA tokens, divided across pre-crash and post-crash holders.
Whether the developers, and Do Kwon, can achieve this with no disruptions, remains to be seen. Word from Kwon is that the blockchain is still collecting data for the airdrop.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?