Terra founder Do Kwon said the blockchain is in the process of collecting data from major exchanges for the upcoming LUNA airdrop.
Kwon said that because of the large amount of data to be collected, the process is taking “some time.” The move comes as voting shows that a majority of LUNA holders are in favor of Terra launching a hard fork and creating a new blockchain.
The current tally shows that out of 230.9 million votes, 61.7% have voted in favor of the hard fork. Voting will end on May 25.
How will Terra’s airdrop play out?
Under the proposal for the hard fork, the community pool of LUNA holders will receive 30% of the new LUNA supply. Holders from prior to the crash will receive 35%, while those who bought in after the crash will receive 10%.
UST holders on Anchor prior to the crash will receive 10% of the supply, while those who became holders after the crash will receive 15%.
The new chain will entirely discard the UST stablecoin. Most community participants have supported this measure, given that UST’s failure was what caused the crash.
Additionally, the proposal for the hard fork will also exclude Terraform Labs entirely from the new blockchain, making Terra V2 completely community-owned. An old Kwon interview suggests that this aspect of the Terra recovery plan may have been part of a pre-planned “kill switch” protocol.
Other blockchains doubtful over new proposal
But while Terra’s validators and the community appear to be on board with the proposal, other blockchains that Terra once tied up with have expressed their doubts over its future.
Stablecoin exchange Curve recently voted to entirely cull its support for UST. Its community has also opposed supporting the new Terra.
DeFi giant Lido is also set to open a community vote on whether to support the new Terra. While Lido on the old Terra was a resounding success, users bought up an extreme loss of goodwill for Terra after the crash.
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Pentagon Raises Damning Concerns Over Bitcoin, Ethereum Security
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?