The world’s largest cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC) has been showing strength over the last two weeks. Over the last week, BTC has gained more than 17% confidently moving past $45,000 levels.
Popular market analyst willy Woo has some very interesting data points to present. He notes how the network activity on the Bitcoin blockchain is picking up once again. Woo mentions that the number of users on the Bitcoin blockchain is growing faster than ever before.
He stated that over 1.2 million users have been added to the Bitcoin network in the last 30 days. Interestingly, he notes that this doesn’t include off-chain users on the exchange. In that case, the total number could be 3x of the existing.
Furthermore, the Bitcoin analysts also offer us interesting insights into the Bitcoin holdings of different public companies. Woo adds that the Bitcoin distribution continues to get better with time. He shows how the whale holdings have decreased and now account for 25% of the total Bitcoin supply.
#Bitcoin distribution keeps getting better. Whales now hold only 25% of the supply.
I've updated this chart to include holdings by public companies. Though they are whales, their coins are owned by a large number of public shareholders.
Satoshi's coins omitted (assumed lost). pic.twitter.com/fEHFFQ5rOS
— Willy Woo (@woonomic) August 12, 2021
Bitcoin Holdings In Corporate Treasuries and ETFs
Over the last year, there’s been a massive surge of corporate participation in Bitcoin. Exactly a year back, MicroStrategy purchased its first Bitcoin. since then it has been on a buying spree now holding more than 100,000 Bitcoins or 0.56% of the total supply in its treasury.
Other big corporates like Elon Musk’s Tesla and Jack Dorsey’s Swaure Inc have also followed the queue. Since the last October, Square Inc has accumulated more than 8000 Bitcoins so far pouring a total investment of $220 million. As Woo notes “0.9% of the supply is inside corporate treasuries while 3.7% is inside ETFs”.
Here's a chart documenting the rise of BTC held by shareholding. In this case I mean shareholding that is "generally available" to public, i.e. Grayscale and publicly tradeable companies and ETFs
0.9% of the supply is inside corporate treasuries while 3.7% is inside ETFs. pic.twitter.com/w93W18l3nW
— Willy Woo (@woonomic) August 12, 2021
He further notes that the world’s largest Bitcoin fund aka the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) remains the larger outlier. Their Bitcoin holdings have seen a drop due to the 2% management fee they are charging which many believe to be high.
Still Grayscale has a lion’s share of Bitcoin holdings above 600,000. But many analysts believe that Grayscale could lose the market share as other ETF products enter the market.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?