The total value locked in the ETH 2.0 Deposit contract has breached $10 billion marks today with 3,994,722 ETH currently locked in these contracts. The growing value of ETH 2.0 deposit contracts have also led to a continuous dip in the market supply of the second-largest cryptocurrency which in turn has led to its growing token value.
ETH is currently trading at $2,540 with a 5% gain over the past 24-hours, however as Bitcoin and most of the altcoins are currently looking to gain the lost ground from the past week’s correction, ETH is looking to set another ATH just a week after it registered its new ATH of $2,641. The second-largest cryptocurrency has continued the bullish momentum despite network congestion and rising gas fee became a critical issue a month ago. Many believed the rising popularity of Ethereum alternatives would put a halt to the ETH bull run, however, it has defied most of those odds to continue its surge.
ETH Eyes $3,000 as Gas Fee Cools Down
The high gas fee on the network made many Defi protocols barely usable at the peak of the issue. The gas fee has cooled down significantly since then making it more viable to use and at the same time, the market supply has continued to diminish amid growing demand, thus fueling the price rise further.
The approval of the EIP-1559 proposal by developers in the upcoming London hardfork despite the reservation of the miners also helped the network solidify the trust of traders. While the complete roll-out of ETH 2.0 would take another year and a half, but despite that, the growing interest of institutions seems to be fueling the current price surge. While the US is still mitigating the launch of Bitcoin ETF, Canadian regulators have approved the ETH ETF along with a Mutual fund which suggests the demand is going to grow further.
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- Breaking: $78 Mln Of Stolen Harmony Protocol Funds Recoverable, Here’s How
- These Whales Added $986 mln Worth Of FTX tokens
- Just-In: Lido Proposes Limit On Ethereum Staking, Here’s Why
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%
- Graph Price Analysis: High Volume Reversal may Drive GRT to $0.15