The latest update in Turkey’s upcoming crypto law saw the Turkish Parliament hold a meeting today with relevant entities to discuss the regulations for virtual currencies in the nation. According to the European publication, Daily Sabah, the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) Group’s Deputy Chairperson, Mustafa Elitaş ascertained that the “common opinion of the participants is that the law must be enacted as soon as possible.”
The meeting participants included the cryptocurrency market stakeholders along with the representatives of public institutions. However, it may be speculated that the final decision of the meeting was gravitated in favour of the government given the State entities played an eminent role in lieu of their majority in the discussion.
From the Technology and Infrastructure Ministry along with the Treasury and Finance Ministry, and the Turkish banking watchdog – Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency (BDDK) to Turkey’s Financial Crimes Investigation Board (MASAK), the Revenue Administration and at last, the Central Bank, all were present at the meeting.
According to Mustafa Elitaş, the new law will will carve out more general regulations for crypto and will keep updating in order to keep up with the ever evolving crypto industry. He said, “There has been very rapid development around the world over the past 10 years regarding cryptocurrencies that entered our lives in 2010. While various countries are trying to keep up, seven or eight countries have issued legal regulations on cryptocurrencies for now.”
Turkey crypto crackdown
Last week, the Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced that the country’s crypto law was ready and was being sent to the Parliament with immediate effect. Following the announcement about crypto legislation, the Turkish Financial Crimes Investigation Board (MASAK) fined world’s largest crypto exchange, Binance’s Turkey franchise – BN Teknoloji with 8 million lira, i.e., $751,314 in lieu of violations discovered during liability inspections. It appears that the Turkish government slept on the wrong side of the bed and now the crypto community may be in trouble.
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?