The Bitcoin ($BTC) tipping feature went live on Twitter today for iOS users, making it the first global monetary network. The BTC tipping would be facilitated via a layer-2 solution lightning network. Twitter has partnered with Strike, a BTC wallet app based on the lightning network, to build the infrastructure and API for the integration, and after months of testing the feature is now live for iOS users with Android to follow soon.
Jack Mallers, the founder of Strike took to Twitter to announce and demonstrate the BTC tipping feature which was later shared by Jack Dorsey. Apart from Bitcoin, Twitter would allow the integration of 9 payment apps such as CashApp and Venmo.
— jack⚡️ (@jack) September 23, 2021
The BTC tipping integration would also promote the use of lightning networks whose adoption has grown many folds over the past few years. There are currently 72,380 payment channels open on the layer-2 solution which is a 226% increase from the baseline of 32K open channels in 2019-20.
#Bitcoin Lightning Network now at an all-time-high of over 72,380 open payment channels.
This is up 226% from the stable baseline of ~32k channels established throughout 2019-20.
— glassnode (@glassnode) September 24, 2021
As the BTC tipping feature went live on one of the most popular social media platforms, Twitter also revealed its big NFT plans. The platform said it would also introduce NFT authentication services that would allow users to integrate their NFT wallets into their Twitter accounts. Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey is an avid Bitcoin proponent who has announced a number of plans with BTC at the center of it. Apart from integrating BTC tipping into Twitter, Dorsey-led Square is working on a hardware wallet and Decentralized Finance on top of Bitcoin.
Bitcoin Price Soar to $45K
Bitcoin price breached the key resistance of $45K today, rising from a daily low of $43,400. The top cryptocurrency has lost nearly 20% of its market cap in the past three weeks after falling from a monthly high of $53,200.
The top cryptocurrency consolidation is expected to see a trend reversal as the historically bearish month of September is nearing the end, while whale accumulation and Bitcoin millionaire addresses continue to soar in anticipation of price rise in the near future.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%