Two days after the FCA issued a ban on Binance operations in the United Kingdom, Binance customers are now facing problems of withdrawals. As per the latest Financial Times report, Binance’s U.K customers have lost the ability to withdraw and deposit Sterling Pounds via Faster payments, one of the country’s major payment systems.
On Monday, June 28, Binance announced that the ability to remove Sterling Pounds via Faster Payments had been “suspended for maintenance”. However, Binance hasn’t commented how long would it take to resume normal operations.
Faster Payments is a widely used payment network by U.K. banks to move money to and fro from the exchanges. The recent suspension of withdrawals and deposits creates a major barrier in the liquidity flow between crypto and fiat. On Monday, several people reached out to Binance on Twitter enquiring about the suspension from Faster Payments. However, Binance noted that its U.K customers can still move the money using bank cards.
Binance: FCA Ban Has No Direct Impact On Services
Soon after the FCA notice for Binance came out over the last week, the crypto exchange issued a statement saying that the ban won’t have any direct impact on Binance’s services. In a Twitter thread on Monday, June 28, the exchange wrote:
We are aware of recent reports about an FCA UK notice in relation to Binance Markets Limited (BML). BML is a separate legal entity and does not offer any products or services via the Binance.com website.
The Binance Group acquired BML May 2020 and has not yet launched its UK business or used its FCA regulatory permissions. The FCA UK notice has no direct impact on the services provided on Binance.com.
We take a collaborative approach in working with regulators and we take our compliance obligations very seriously. We are actively keeping abreast of changing policies, rules and laws in this new space.
Apart from the U.K, Binance has also been facing tough regulatory actions in other jurisdictions like Japan and Germany.
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?