VISA, the world’s leading payment processing giant has announced a new Pilot API program for its banking partners that would allow customers to purchase bitcoin and other crypto-assets seamlessly. VISA has joined hands with Anchorage as the technology partner for the pilot program.
First Boulevard, a Kansas-based, Black-focused digital bank, will pilot the APIs, designed to help Visa clients integrate bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
VISA in its official statement said the new Crypto APIs pilot program will help its banking clients to easily access the new facility. The official statement read,
The new API ‘easily connect into the infrastructure provided by Visa’s partner, Anchorage, a federally chartered digital asset bank, to allow their customers to buy and sell digital assets such as Bitcoin as an investment within their existing consumer experiences,”
VISA Goes All-In Crypto
The rise of bitcoin as the choice of inflation hedge this bull season has made many mainstream institutions make note of it as more than 10 publically traded companies added Bitcoin to their portfolio. Visa being the payment processing giant is not new to bitcoin or crypto as the firm has partnered with numerous crypto companies to offer crypto service using their network. However, the recent launch of its new banking API for Bitcoin and crypto purchase only highlights the growing influence of cryptocurrencies especially Bitcoin.
said Jack Forestell, chief product officer, Visa said that the company aims to become the bridge between the emerging digital asset market and its established remittance empire with nearly 70 million users across the world.
“We set out to make Visa the bridge between digital currencies and our global network of 70 million merchants and today we are the leading network for crypto wallets with 35 crypto platforms choosing to issue with Visa. With this pilot program, we want to extend the value of Visa to our neobank and financial institution clients by providing an easy bridge to crypto assets and blockchain networks.”
The tone of the official press release suggests that the API pilot is going to be the first among many programs by the firm to tap into the 1 trillion dollar industry.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?