Ethereum’s co-founder, Vitalik Buterin, has thrown some light on the phases that Ethereum will go through on the roadmap he proposed. According to the roadmap shared by Buterin, the phases left for the network to pass through include “the merge,” “the surge,” “the verge,” “the purge,” and “the splurge.”
While he followed up the infographic with an article that was titled Endgame, observers were still left uncertain about the details of how these phases were going to be achieved. This was the subject of his speaking with a cryptocurrency-focused podcast, Bankless.
Buterin’s breakdown of the Ethereum roadmap.
The Ethereum network has already made a lot of progress in reaching ETH 2.0 according to Buterin. He considers the roadmap to reach proof-of-stake to already be 50% complete at the moment as there has been the launch of the Beacon chain, the implementation of EIP-1559, and the Altair upgrade.
However, there remains a lot of work to be done to achieve each of the remaining phases of the roadmap. He noted that achieving all the items set out in the roadmap would be a great achievement for the Ethereum blockchain.
If this is all done and then nothing else ever changes after that, then I’ll be extremely happy. Right now, I feel like that covers everything that is necessary for Ethereum to not only survive but even thrive into the long term.
But barring this happening, Buterin considers two phases in the roadmap to be the most critical for the survival of Ethereum. In Buterin’s assessment, these phases are the merge and the surge. If these phases are implemented, Ethereum will not only survive but thrive in the blockchain industry.
“I would say, if the merge and the surge happen, then Ethereum can already survive and thrive for multiple generations,” he added.
He adds that completing these two phases, which will effectively transition Ethereum to being a proof-of-stake network and being scalable with the introduction of rollups and sharding, would make the roadmap to be 60% and 81% complete.
Buterin explains his bias for Zcash
During the episode, the young computer programmer was also full of praise for other blockchain projects in the industry. He revealed that he does not hold a maximalist stance on Ethereum and considered other projects interesting. In particular, he praised Zcash, which is a privacy-focused cryptocurrency, and Tezos, a highly scalable blockchain, for the work they were doing. “I think there’s real fun and interesting stuff happening in Zcash lands. There’s real interesting stuff happening in Tezos.”
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?