WikiLeaks took to Twitter to blast the self-proclaimed Satoshi Nakamoto, the anonymous founder of Bitcoin (BTC) and Chief Scientist at nChain, Craig Wright. Initiated in 2006, WikiLeaks is an international non-profit organization that publishes classified media and secret information provided by anonymous sources.
“Serial fabricator who claims to be inventor of Bitcoin, Craig S. Wright, now claims that Bitcoin was always pro-state and that he always worked for the prosecution, as he tries to raise money for business project and escape court action.”
Back in 2017, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange claimed that his organization made 50,000 percent return on Bitcoin after investing in the leading cryptocurrency in 2010. It has been all thanks to the US government as Assange said the government forced the payment companies like MasterCard and Visa to carry out “an illegal banking blockade” against the organization.
Bitcoin was Like a Child to Me: Bitcoin SV’s Craig Wright
This time, Wikileaks hit back on Craig Wright after he wrote a new blog on Medium where he stated that he is the one who created Bitcoin and it “was like a child to me.”
In his blog post, he stated his negative stance on WikiLeaks,
“I do not like Wikileaks, and I have never been a fan of Assange’s methods. More importantly, I am strongly opposed to criminal markets and bucket shops. Ross Ulbricht and others like him are criminals. They are not freedom fighters, they are not libertarians. They simply are predators, and they are all that Bitcoin was designed to make far more difficult.”
Twitter Feud Escalates
In response, WikiLeaks hit back with,
“Craig S. Wright is a proven serial forger of documents claiming that he is the inventor of Bitcoin. He has been repeatedly caught. This has been independently verified by WikiLeaks at the time of his first claim and subsequently.”
Well, it didn’t go down well with Craig Wright who took to Twitter to say this,
“Fake and fabricated news site that I wanted not to have anything to do with Bitcoin makes up more lies. Sorry, this is again, more fake news from Wiki – the lie factory that lies on how it promotes truth.”
And this one, “Do you know what good has come from Wiki leaks…Nothing. They are a fake news cesspool.”
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?