Mayor Francis Suarez has been taking huge initiatives to promote Bitcoin (BTC) and crypto innovation in the city. In the latest development, Suarez has been successful in convincing organizers of the Bitcoin 2021 conference to move it from Los Angeles to Miami.
The world’s largest in-person Bitcoin (BTC) conference is scheduled to be held between June 3-5 at the city’s popular MANA Wynwood convention center. Entrepreneur Moshi Mana, who owns this convention center said:
“Our vision for Miami to become a global tech is becoming more real each day. We’re thrilled to support an event like this, which furthers our mission and fuses all the best things Miami has to offer, from technology to international finance, entertainment and commerce”.
Top celebrities from Bitcoin and the tech world will be joining as keynote speakers at the event. This includes names like Microstrategy CEO Michael Saylor, Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey, and Bitcoin evangelist and venture capitalist Chamath Palihapitiya.
Speaking to the local publication Miami Herald, the conference organizers said that Los Angele’s COVID restriction and a personal appeal from the Miami Mayor are the reasons behind this change in the venue. So far, 2000 tickets for the Bitcoin 2021 conference have been already sold. Organizers are now aiming for over 6000 attendees.
Making Miami the Bitcoin Hub
Over the last few months, Miami Mayor Francis Suarez has been aggressively marketing to make his city a hub for Bitcoin and crypto innovation. Speaking to the NY Times, Suarez told that he is currently “refashioning” the city’s image from “fun in the sun” to a hub from innovation.
“Miami will always strive to be ahead of the curve. Expanding the financial freedom of Miamians is the first step forward towards our modern economy,” he added.
Suarez’s efforts during the pandemic times have helped to attract several tech companies to the city. “People come here and start realizing that there’s way more tech talent than they thought,” he said.
Last month, the Miami Mayor also stated that they are exploring options to invest the city’s Treasury into Bitcoin and pay salaries in BTC.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?