After reaching to $0.75 on the anticipation of xRapid launch, the actual launch took XRP downwards to the $0.51 level. With the prices currently down 8 percent in the past 24-hours, will XRP spike to $1 this year?
XRP drops about 8% as xRapid launch fails to bring in bulls
The world’s 3rd largest cryptocurrency is on the decline despite the launch of xRapid. At the time of writing, XRP has been trading at $0.5184 with a 24-hour loss of about 8 percent. With a market cap of over $20 billion, the daily trading volume has taken a hit as it registers just about $875 million.
A few days back, XRP reached $0.75 on the anticipation of xRapid launch. However, the actual launch failed to bring the bulls in as bears took charge as shown in the below 1-month chart. But, the digital currency is still managing to stay above the crucial $0.50 mark.
Is $1 still in the picture for this year?
Recently, the CEO of deVere, Nigel Greene had shared that XRP will hit the $1 mark this year as it is favored by a number of positive factors.
According to Marouane Garçon, the managing director of Amulet, a crypto-to-crypto derivatives platform, it is still a very much possibility,
“I definitely agree with that assessment. The price had already pumped to $0.75. If Ripple’s partners start utilizing XRP during their day to day operations before the end of the year then I think $1 is a modest price point.”
He further shared with Forbes while elaborating on this point:
“From here on out it depends on developments and usage. They’ve made promises that some of their partners will use XRP and once people see that happening they will have to gain unwavering confidence and that will certainly be reflected in the price.”
Chris Kline, the co-founder, and COO of Bitcoin IRA also share the same sentiment for XRP as he believes a number of factors like xRapid launch along with “Google’s and Facebook’s recent reversals on crypto advertising bans” will result in a year-end surge in value.
However, XRP needs more developments to reach this mark as Joe DiPasquale, the CEO of crypto fund of hedge funds BitBull Capital comments,
“(XRP) is more likely to trade around the $0.80 to $0.90 range for an extended period of time unless another major announcement is made before the New Year.”
The experts and investors are surely positive that XRP will hit the $1 mark, however, with the way xRapid going into commercialization failed to make an impact, it is yet to be seen how the market realizes.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?