Google subsidiary YouTube is seriously working on non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and exploring how it can offer users ownership of digital content. On Thursday, February 10, YouTube further elaborated its blockchain and metaverse plans for this year of 2022.
YouTube noted that it can harness the emerging tech of NFTs to cut down on fraud in the rapidly growing digital art market. Furthermore, YouTube believes that using the NFT technology, it can offer a more social viewing experience for gaming content.
Furthermore, NFTs can probably help YouTube to gain an edge in video sharing over its competitors in the market such as TikTok and Meta.
Google Exploring Web 3 and NFT Tech
In its blog post, Youtube said that it has been exploring major developments in the Web 3 space and NFT seems to be promising. Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) can help in tagging unique video art clips, art and other digital assets and maintain their ownership over the blockchain network.
In its blog post on Thursday, Youtube suggested that it can make NFTs a safer bet. The sale of NFTs skyrocketed last year in 2021 with the market registering multi-billion dollar trading volumes. However, the market is still in the nascent stage, there have been incidents reported about NFT scams and copyright thefts.
YouTube said that it will address this issue first-hand by offering ways to legitimize assets. YouTube said using its video library would be one of the feature possibilities. It further noted:
“Giving a verifiable way for fans to own unique videos, photos, art, and even experiences from their favorite creators could be a compelling prospect for creators and their audience”.
Along with NFTs, YouTube is also exploring another Web 3 opportunity in the Metaverse space.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery