The implementation of new regulatory policies for crypto exchanges in South Korea continues to haunt small and medium-sized crypto exchanges. As per a recent report from Korea Herald, a total of eleven mid-sized crypto exchanges may shut their operations amid growing regulatory scrutiny.
The local report indicated that the country’s top regulatory watchdog Financial Services Commission (FSC) has come across certain illegal activities associated with these exchanges. The exchanges would be asked to shut their operation and might face prosecution for illegal activities as well. The authorities dint reveal the name of the crypto exchanges.
The latest AML guidelines implemented in January this year required crypto exchanges in Korea to do away with fraudulent unnamed collective accounts and open up real-name accounts for customers. However, all of the 200 crypto exchanges operating in the country failed to obtain regulatory clearance by the first deadline. The FSC has now set a secondary deadline until September 24.
Nearly 200 Crypto Exchanges May Go Out Of Business
It seems except for a few top crypto exchanges such as Bithumb, Upbit, Coinone, and Korbi rest all platforms may face closure by September. A majority of small and medium-sized crypto exchanges have made it clear that the new guidelines would leave them with no other option than shut down.
Darlbit was among the first crypto exchange to announce closure on July 15, while CPDAX has announced it would close all its operations by September 1st. Bionic, another mid-size crypto exchange revealed it is temporarily closing its operation for the renewal of its service systems.
The measures put forward by the regulatory body are said to make the crypto market more secure for investors and all to curb criminal activities such as money laundering using digital assets. However, the latest regulatory business threatens to put several crypto exchanges out of business.
A number of countries are now actively having discussions on regulating the crypto market as many governments have called upon regulators to implement investors protection laws. The US lawmakers are actively pressurizing regulators to come up with crypto regulations and many more countries may follow soon.
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%