When Movie theater chain AMC added crypto payment options in September, the company must have surely planned for success but maybe not quite as fast. Now barely two months after however, the company has started accepting payments in Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum, and according to the CEO, the crypto payments have been confirmed to represent no less than 14% of the company’s total online transactions.
AMC CEO Expressed Delight, Hints At Additional Payment Option
Taking to his Twitter page, CEO of AMC Adam Aron said that the company has delivered on its promise to integrate many payment options. In his list, he mentioned Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum, and then added PayPal, Google Pay, and Apple Pay as other payment options that AMC is now accepting. Interestingly, “they already account for 14% of our total online transactions”, says Aron. Truthfully, this goes to show a laudable increase in crypto adoption by customers of AMC customers.
Aron didn’t stop there. He also hinted at later addition of Dogecoin as a payment method in the concluding part of his tweet, saying “Dogecoin next.”
Recall that soon after integrating the crypto payment options in September, the AMC CEO conducted a Twitter poll seeking the opinions of users on whether the firm should also accept payments in the meme coin.
That poll saw an unbelievable number of response in favor. But even though the firm added DOGE as a payment option for its digital gift cards since last month, it still hasn’t introduced Dogecoin as a fully-fledged option for payments such as for online tickets.
AMC Sees Meme Stock Rise
2021 has been a great one for AMC, with the firm seeing its fortunes change for good in the “meme stock” boom alongside video game retailer GameStop.
Starting the year at a price of about $3, it caught the eyes of retail investors on platforms like Reddit, which saw it hitting highs of over $60 in June. Though it has retraced since then, but presently, it’s trading at around $40 a share.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?