AMC Theatres is on the verge of integrating the option for customers to pay for movie tickets using Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum (ETH), and Dogecoin (DOGE), into its technical infrastructure. But that’s not all.
In the early hours of Friday, company CEO, Adam Aron took to his Twitter page to ask if users would be potentially interested in paying with Shiba Inu as well. At the time of writing, more than 98,000 Twitter users had already taken part in the poll, with approximately 86% of voters indicating their interest.
The prominent AMC theatres chain has been showing serious interest in crypto in recent times. Just a week ago, the CEO was discussing the potential of issuing a company-specific crypto. Earlier this month as well, AMC enabled its users to purchase digital gift cards via Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies with the use of BitPay wallet. Last month whole speaking in an interview with CNBC, Aron also expressed interest in minting commemorative movie tickets as NFTs.
Meanwhile, Shiba Inu overtook Dogecoin on Friday, to become the world’s ninth-largest cryptocurrency in terms of market capitalization. Whereas, Etherscan also revealed the daily number of Shiba Inu transactions has surpassed 140,000, just a little below its all-time high of 172,411 daily transactions that was achieved back in n May.
Following the Shiba Inu’s recent record run-up, its ecosystem has now expanded to include ShibaSwap, a decentralized exchange DEX. Data from defillama says that total value locked on ShibaSwap amounts to $537.92 million. And according to CoinGecko, there are currently no fewer than 29 coins listed on ShibaSwap, with $236 million worth of coins or thereabouts, changing hands in the last 24 hours.
Now, other than its foundational token, Shiba Inu, ShibaSwap also features two more tokens. There is the Bone ShibaSwap, which is used in voting on governance protocols put forward by developers. Then there’s the Doge Killer, used in providing trading liquidity on the DEX.
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?