AMC Theatres ($AMC), the world’s largest cinema theatre chain that announced its plans to accept Bitcoin ($BTC) payment for online ticket booking has extended its crypto payment list to add three more crypto payment options. Adam Aron, the CEO of the group took to Twitter to announce the news that the company would also accept Ethereum ($ETH), Litecoin ($LTC), and Bitcoin Cash ($BCH) along with Bitcoin. He said,
“Cryptocurrency enthusiasts: you likely know AMCTheatres has announced we will accept Bitcoin for online ticket and concession payments by year-end 2021. I can confirm today that when we do so, we also expect that we similarly will accept Ethereum, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash.”
Cryptocurrency enthusiasts: you likely know @AMCTheatres has announced we will accept Bitcoin for online ticket and concession payments by year-end 2021. I can confirm today that when we do so, we also expect that we similarly will accept Ethereum, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash. pic.twitter.com/uKcFyQotoJ
— Adam Aron (@CEOAdam) September 16, 2021
AMC Theatres made headlines earlier this year when it made a full recovery from the brink of bankruptcy and closure. The company’s stocks were among the few which were short squeezed by a group of Redditors and retail traders amid heavy short buying. The theatre company along with GameStop ($GME) recorded a crypto-like surge attracting attention from the media world over. At that time crypto-community had called upon $AMC to add Bitcoin and crypto payment options.
Litecoin Find a “Real Taker” After Walmart Fiasco
The addition of Litecoin to the payment list by the movie theatre giants came as redemption for “OG” cryptocurrency after the recent Walmart fiasco. A couple of days back a fake Walmart press release announcing that the retail giant would start accepting LTC payments from October became the center of discussion. The fake news managed to fool its way through several reputed media houses including Reuters and CNBC and was first tweeted by Litecoin’s official Twitter handle.
The news led to a significant pump in $LTC price surging it over 20% within minutes and as Walmart later clarified that the press release was indeed fake, the price fell back to initial levels. Thus, AMC’s announcement came as a relief for many LTC proponents.
— Patrick Comack (@patrickcomack) September 16, 2021
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?