The institutional demand for crypto has now moved beyond Bitcoin. Analyzing the market demand, crypto asset manager Bitwise is taking a step in this direction!
Earlier today, September 9, the world’s largest crypto index fund manager – Bitwise Asset Management – introduced the world’s first “ex Bitcoin” Crypto Index Fund in the market.
This is the world’s first large-cap crypto index fund offering exposure to some of the top-performing altcoins in the market. The fund constituents are altcoins like Ethereum (ETH), Cardano (ADA), Solana (SOL), Chainlink (LINK), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Polygon (MATIC), Litecoin (LTC), Uniswap (UNI), and Stellar (XLM).
Of these, Ethereum (ETH) will enjoy the lion’s share of weightage allocation at 68.53%. Cardano (ADA) comes second with 15.43% and Solana (SOL) at third with 5.49%.
Solana (SOL) making its position in the Bitwise Index Fund is a major milestone for a cryptocurrency that has rallied significantly to now become the sixth-largest crypto by market cap. Speaking of the development, Matt Hougan, Chief Investment Officer of Bitwise Asset Management said:
“This launch is being driven by customer demand. Many investors today have exposure to bitcoin but are excited by the dynamic developments taking place around other assets. That’s particularly true for professional investors, who value the utility these assets offer. This new fund allows investors to complement their existing bitcoin exposure with a professionally managed solution that captures other large-cap cryptoassets.”
Altcoins Extending Their Market Footprint
The recent decision from Bitwise comes as the Bitcoin dominance in the market has dropped from over 60% to 42% in a year’s time. On the other hand, most of the top-performing altcoins mentioned above have extended their footprint and market dominance.
As we can see, 9 of the 10 altcoins in the Bitwise “ex-Bitcoin” Crypto Index Fund, belong to the top ten crypto list. Besides, several of them also contributed to the rapidly emerging markets of decentralized finance (DeFi), smart contracts, and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Bitwise note that it will monitor all these altcoins on parameters of “liquidity, custody, and regulatory risks”. Bitwise has picked Coinbase Custody to hold all the assets of the fund. Currently, only accredited investors with private placements can seek exposure to the fund.
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?