Retail investors need to beware as Bitcoin’s millionaire-tier whale addresses might be playing around with them! As per data from Santiment, Bitcoin’s millionaire-tier whale addresses holding between 100 to 10K Bitcoin dumped their BTC holdings during September 6-7.
As the BTC price tanked nearly 15% under $45,000 followed by retail profit booking, these whales purchased the BTC back again. Over the last three days, these whales have purchased 60K BTC with its price surging by another 5%. This is a classic case of squeezing supplies from the hands of retail investors.
Glassnode co-founders “Yann and Jan” also made similar observations. In the latest update, they wrote:
A few #Bitcoin holders were shaken out over the last week, realising losses on-chain. Stronger hands stepped in and bought the dip. As $BTC breaks above $48k, net realised PnL has returned positive, and the market is absorbing those profitable spent coins.
However, despite Bitcoin showing volatility in September, old hands remain confident and continue holding. These are typically investors holding Bitcoins for more than one year. As per the Spent Volume Age Bands (SVAB), bitcoin holding has dropped to a multi-year low. This shows strong conviction among old hands to HODL.
Crypto Regulations Should Begin With Whales
Amid the regulatory crackdown on crypto recently, regulators have been going hard after several crypto projects in the market. However, Forbes analyst Oliver Renick notes that the regulators should rather target the crypto VIP aka the whales who control larger power in price manipulations. He writes:
It follows that the people who pose a threat are those with the most ability to move the markets. Those people are whales, investment vehicle providers, fund managers, token creators. The crypto VIP.
It makes sense to begin regulation by imposing trading rules and disclosure requirements akin to the constraints of these groups in traditional markets, to crypto owners who meet some certain market-cap threshold in any given asset.
This would certainly be a herculean task for the regulators since it would mean larger transparency of the wallets. Let us know your views on whether if the regulators should go after the whales.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%