BTC Markets, an Australian-based cryptocurrency exchange, has joined hands with Mastercard. This partnership will allow the platform’s users to make direct prepaid or credit card payments to deal and invest in the cryptocurrency. However, this collaboration comes amid the rising legal concerns over card payment in the country.
Mastercard expands its crypto integration
Caroline Bowler, CEO of BTC Markets, announced that they are really proud to work with the Mastercard team. She also mentioned that as the crypto industry is evolving, users are also looking for faster and simpler ways to access cryptocurrency securely and efficiently. Mastercard’s stability, innovation, and customer protection allow us to offer customers to engage with it.
BTC Markets have more than 325,000 Australian users who have traded AU$19 Billion in digital assets. The payments giants like Mastercard and Visa have started a trend of lending their services in integration with cryptocurrency platforms.
Back in 2021, Coinjar became the first Aussie crypto exchange to partner with Mastercard. Together they launched the country’s first crypto payment card. Along with this Mastercard spread its crypto card program in the Asia Pacific region. With Coinjar, Mastercard also joined hands with Bitkub and Amber Group of Thailand. Earlier this year, Coinbase struck a deal with MasterCard which allowed its customers to buy NFTs and more.
Australia to get pro-Crypto reforms
Meanwhile, the Australian crypto industry has been surrounded by the many proposals launched by lawmakers to develop a framework to regulate and tax digital assets. According to reports, the Australian government will soon announce its 2022 Federal Budget outlining the nation’s approach towards cryptocurrency.
As per reports, the Australian government will be meeting the industry experts to consult on the implementation of the reforms by the end of the year. As the nation aims to lead the Web3 space, there have been speculations that the new reforms will be pro-crypto. The digital asset industry is expected to get taxation relief.
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?