While Bitcoin is down over 81 percent from its peak, crypto-enthusiasts still hold a firm belief in the leading cryptocurrency. Experts are calling out a bottom to be near and a good year ahead for the crypto market.
2019 Crypto Bull Run
Bitcoin is expected to go lower than its current position at $3,670. It is a possibility the leading cryptocurrency will finally hit the bottom this year. The Bitcoin bottom call is made by Dollar Vigilante, Jeff Berwick, who believes either crypto prices have already hit the bottom or near it. Despite this, he is not bearish on Bitcoin prices and expects it to remain in a lull throughout this year.
Despite the negative bitcoin price action, this hasn’t stopped the popularity of bitcoin trading through applications like the Bitcoin Trader.
Berwick has a strong belief in crypto and believes bitcoin has the potential to gain traction of revolutionary level as he explains,
“Once even some people understand [Bitcoin’s potential], I couldn’t even possibly imagine where this movement could go.”
Moreover, according to the Delphi Digital firm’s research, the selling pressure is about exhausted and it is likely, the market will hit bottom in Q1 of 2019. As for the next peak, it is expected around April 17, 2020, which is based on the previous cycles.
This price appreciation line up with the block reward halving as “miner’s selling propensity is reduced.” The research also notes, “this will be the last reward halving to have a very significant impact on price.”
“We are in the process of finding the bottom on the large, liquid, and lasting crypto-tokens. But I think that process could take much of 2019 to play out. I expect we will see some bullish runs, followed by selling pressures taking us back to retest the lows. I think this bottoming out process will end sometime in 2019 and we will slowly enter a new bullish phase in crypto.”
This all might seem pessimistic but according to Wilson, he is just being “incredibly optimistic” as he further discusses the catalyst for the next bull run will be “the result of some of the many promises made in 2017 coming to fruition in 2019.”
Stablecoins, NFT/crypto assets/crypto gaming, and earn/spending opportunities will see meaningful progress and consumer adoption this year, according to Wilson. He further shares that there will be pressure and bad actors will remain persistent in the market in the form of scams, hacks, failed projects, and losing investments. But these bad actors are part and parcel of the promise this nascent technology has as “Permissionless innovation produces the greatest gains over time but also comes with the inevitable bad actors and actions.”
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?